HYPALON is the registered trademark by Du Pont to indicate the chlorosulfonated polyethylene (CSM), a synthetic rubber, which is supplied to the rubber industry, as raw material for processing and vulcanizate in oder to obtain a wide range of finished products.
With Hypalon is produced the trilaminate HYPATEX, composed by:
- fabric (polyester Dtex 1670 or 2200 Dtex)
- neoprene in the state of pre-extrusion, that is not inflated (CR)
- Thicknesses 1:00 to 1:25 mm (h 145-150 cm)
- Weight 1300/1500 gr / m2
- High resistance to UV rays
- Anti abrasion treatment
- Resistant to contact with hydrocarbons
- Easy to clean
The cheaper alternative is BOTEX, composed by PVC-fabric-PVC.
BOTEX TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
In combination it is available the BAND-TEX tape: a neoprene strip to weld the internal joints.
The revolutionary diagonal '' cross '' gives elasticity and extensibility, allowing an easier application on curved surface.
Composition: neoprene CR / nylon 420D / neoprene CR.
Available in tapes of 5 cm and 80 cm height.
INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE FOR STICKING
- Sand and brush the surface to be glued.
- Pad clean with SOLVEK NG solvent and wait 5 minutes.
- Apply a first coat of EUROFIX RAFTS prepared with 5% DESMOUR RFE and let dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of the same product used before.
- Allow to air dry for about 15 minutes and then couple the supports by pressing for 15 seconds to 2 atmospheres.
INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE FOR CLEANING
- Dilute with water a common neutral detergent (such as a hand cleaner, a powder detergent ...).
- Dip a cotton cloth or sponge and clean the surface. Rinse with clean water.
- Do not reuse the dirty water in any way as it contains elements such as:
- Waste water (including dust)
- motor oil