When the TIZIP WaterSeal is closed, the sealing lips above and below the coil are compressed making a perfect seal.
The entire plastic profile is highly abrasion resistant. The unique design prevents the slider from wearing down the sealing lips when the zipper is opened or closed.
The physical design of the TIZIP WaterSeal increases the seal strength when the pressure is raised or when cross tension is applied. Both actions lead to an increased mechanical pressure on the top sealing lip.
- – Watersports clothing
- – Tents, fl exible covers
- – Protective clothing for leisure, safety and industrial applications
- – Flexible containers for electronic instruments, documents, machines and apparatus for storage and transport
- – Bags and backpacks for daily use and outdoor activities such as cycling, biking, sailing, hiking, climbing
The zip is simple to use, waterproof and good for anti-rain wear.
Avoid to bend excessively the zip!
DUST AND SAND:
The zipper is highly resistant to damage caused by sand and dust; however in presence of dust and sand, it’s suggested to clean the zip with water and liquid soap or other gentle cleansens.
Dust crumbs, present in the spiral trim, can condition the waterproof endurance. If the zip is used to protect sensible materials, it’s necessary a frequent and accurate zipper cleaning before every use.
For the sealing function the TIZIP WaterSeal requires a fairly strong pull of the slider. Please allow a slightly higher pulling force as compared to regular zippers.
A wet surface or lubricant on the outer flanges of the sealing profile greatly reduces the pulling force.
The TIZIP WaterSeal’s performance in terms of strength and durability is outstanding. It can take weight, it is abrasion resistant and it will survive short term sharp bending and twisting without separating.
When closed, the TIZIP WaterSeal has a cross-breaking strength of minimum 300 N/cm.
In case of accidental opening cause by excessive tension, bring back the cursor to the initial position, reduce the tension on the spiral and close the zip.
This process won’t damage the zip.
If the accidental opening gets until the inferior edge, the first 2 cm of the spiral must be assembled by hand, before bringing again the cursor at the initial position.
- – Closed edges / not divisible / divisible 2 ways
- – Tape width 50 mm / 70mm
- – Chain width 9 mm
- – Edge extensions 16 mm /25 mm
- – WatersealCL with Comfort lock cursor (particularly manoeuvrable cursor, waterproof edges)
- – Waterseal “easy to handle”
- – Chain length: the zip is measured including the edges. To find the chain measure subtract al least 2 cm.
UV RAY: Very Good
GASOLINE AND OILS: Very Good
HYDROLYSIS (NORMAL TEMPERATURE): Good
HYDROLYSIS (EXTREME AND HUMID TEMPERATURE): Sufficient
TEMPERATURE INTERVAL: – 30°C / + 80°C
LIGHT ACIDS AND ALKALI (NORMAL TEMPERATURE): Good